Sunday, August 4, 2013

"But I can't NOT buy them!"

Yesterday was one of those horrid gym days where nothing goes right and you miss sets you shouldn't be missing. It's extra awful when it happens on squat days, because those are usually my best days!

So as a consolation, today I went to the mall to pick up a few things. In particular I wanted to grab shampoo and conditioner from Carol's Daughter, which I had gotten as a sample from my last Sephora order and immediately fell in love with. My hair feels cleaner, smoother, and less tangled. However, going into Sephora for one thing never means leaving Sephora with one thing...


Along with the shampoo and conditioner, I picked up Clinique Wash-Away Gel Cleanser, which is one of my go-to products (that I'm almost completely out of, so I considered this an essential purchase!). I wear tons (TONS) of makeup every single day, and this is the only thing that gets rid of it in one shot. It's fantastic, and the bottle lasts me about a year.

The more...spontaneous, let's call them...purchases were slightly more fun. Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Native is a lovely light pink-nude that I sampled the other day and found extremely flattering on my quite pale complexion. All Sephora by OPI nail polishes were on sale (3 for $10) so I really couldn't resist grabbing three. I thought I was set, but in the queue I spotted some OCC Lip Tars, which are something that our store has never had and I've never had a chance to try! After rummaging through the quite picked-through selection, I decided on Stained Gloss in Rhythm Box. I'm excited to try it out!



After an intense afternoon of shopping, a milkshake break was necessary. My favorite indulgence (maybe ever) is Cold Stone Creamery's Oreo Creme Filling ice cream. If I were on death row and had to choose one final food to eat before I died, it would probably be this. It's so rich and so delicious. It had disappeared from the stores for a while, but it's suddenly reappeared and I simply couldn't resist.

Definitely excited to start the new week with some new makeup (and I have a box from Urban Decay to pick up tomorrow with a clearance eyeshadow palette that was an incredible steal!), because I have lots of packing, cleaning, and PCAT reviewing to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment