Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday Fabulousness: Favorite Pink Light Lipstick

No, not my favorite light pink lipstick (that's a whole other post!), but my

Favorite Pink Light Lipstick

To me, there are a few different types of lipstick. There's the full opaque formulas (such as Tom Ford or most of Guerlain's Rouge Gs), and then there are slightly sheerer, not quite as heavy ones. Guerlain's Rouge Automatique and YSL's Rouge Volupte Shines are two of my favorite "lighter" formulas. Rouge Automatiques are less slippery and balm-like than Rouge Volupte Shines, so they do tend to last longer but are not quite as moisturizing. I do love them both, but today's post will be focusing on my favorite Rouge Volupte Shine: 6 Pink in Devotion ($34).

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in 6 Pink in Devotion

As I mentioned above, this formula is more of a lipstick-balm hybrid than a straight-up lipstick, yet it's more pigmented than a tinted balm such as Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. It also leaves a lovely, glossy finish. Pink in Devotion is described as a "bright hibiscus pink", which I think describes it spot on. The sheerer formula allows for a bright color to be worn in a more subtle way. I think it's a great "beginner bright" for those who aren't quite ready to go full-on in-your-face! The formula is so smooth, and although that comes with the downside of a shorter wear time, it's tremendously comfortable and moisturizing. There is a slight fruity scent, which personally I love but may be a dealbreaker for some.

Pink in Devotion (without flash)

Pink in Devotion (with flash)

Check it out at Sephora, Nordstrom, YSL, or anywhere YSL Beauty is sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment