Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Battle Wounds

Another off gym day...having a lot of trouble mentally with my full cleans. It's all weight I've done before/am positive I can do, but something in my brain just blocks me and I freak. It's so frustrating! I feel like I've made no progress over the summer (which is not true, but that feeling is so nagging).

Did a few squats today...only up to 135 but every rep up to 95 was ATG and 115+ was a few inches below parallel. I don't count squats unless they're below parallel. I admit I do get judge-y when I see people do quarter squats or half squats. I'm sure I could half-squat an impressive amount of weight...definitely at least 1.5xBW...but that's nothing compared to a lighter but real, true competition-ready squat.

Speaking of technique, check out these lovely trophies from my improved snatch form!


I got my hip drive down. My banged-up upper thigh proves it.

Loving light snatches for cardio, though! Doing sets of 10 with even just 20-30lbs is exhausting! Also helps me work on my balance.

Too many things to do, not enough time. I have to try to squeeze some gym time in tomorrow if I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment