Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday Fabulousness: Favorite Garish Gold

Fridays are my off days, so I figured I'd do something fun. Every Friday, I'll showcase one of my favorite fabulous beauty products. This week's Friday Fabulousness is...

Favorite Garish Gold

It took me a while to understand that neutrals can be fun and sassy. Urban Decay's Naked palettes are the main culprits behind my love of fabulous neutrals, but occasionally I'll see a bold palette that I just have to pick up. My skin leans neutral, so I can pull off most colors, so when I saw BareMinerals's The Star Treatment palette, one particular shade caught my eye.

I was never a BareMinerals fan, finding most loose products too troublesome and messy. However, I'd read rave reviews about their new Ready Eyeshadow formula, and decided to take the plunge. I was not disappointed! My favorite shade...and the main reason I bought the palette...was this bright, warm, coppery gold called Connoisseur.

BareMinerals READY Eyeshadow 8.0 in The Star Treatment
(Connoisseur is top row, second from left)


Connoisseur (without flash)

Connoisseur (with flash)

Isn't it just fantastic? It's so smooth and pigmented it's almost ridiculous. The whole palette in itself is lovely and gets tons of use (even with all of the neutrals I own), but this shade is one-of-a-kind. Unfortunately, the palette was limited edition and I can't seem to find it anywhere. But if you managed to snag it, lucky you! It's definitely one that I'm glad I purchased on a whim.

Hope everyone had a good holiday, if you celebrated, and had a good few days otherwise if you didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment