Monday, July 1, 2013

Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in Fantastic

Chanel released six creme blushes for their Fall 2013 collection, and being the creme blush fiend I am, I had to check them out. Now, I'm very pale but a huge fan of dramatic shades (I love a good bold lip, eye, or cheek!), so I gravitated towards the deepest rose shade: Fantastic.


Daring, right? If I see a shade that I love and am not sure that I could pull it off, that just makes it extra fun for me. I love a challenge!

Fantastic Without Flash, Heavy and Blended 


Fantastic With Flash, Heavy and Blended

Although it looks like two totally different blushes with and without flash, it demonstrates both the lovely rose and fuchsia undertones. Let it be known that even the blended swatch is still quite heavy and can easily be sheered further. I use my fingertips to apply and a stippling brush to blend it in. It's not as creamy as, say, Le Metier de Beaute's Creme Fresh Tints, and more closely resembles YSL's Creme de Blush in texture, particularly in the way it dries.

Right now I have a sheer layer of it topped with Edward Bess Quad Royale in Monte Carlo for a slight peach shimmer, and I think it's perfectly lovely! It's much more wearable than you'd think, even on pale skin such as mine.

Verdict: A deep fuchsia rose that is more wearable than you'd expect!

Fantastic (and all the other shades) retail for $38 and can be found at your local Chanel counter or currently online at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus.

No comments:

Post a Comment