Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cardio for People Who Hate Cardio

I hate cardio. Running sucks. The elliptical sucks less, but still sucks. But my body is not where I want it to be, and unfortunately adding cardio is the best way to remedy that.

So yesterday I did this:

3 sets of the following:

  • 10 reps sumo deadlift at 65lbs, directly into 5 full cleans with the same 65lbs
and 5 sets of 20 kettlebell swings at 8kg.

It was better than running, that's for sure. Whenever someone suggests running or elliptical or whatnot for cardio, I would always shrug and just be like, "Can't I just lift weights faster?". So I'm going to start incorporating cardio into my routine, probably only twice a week since I lift 4 days, but that's twice more than I was doing before.

(I did knock myself in the knee with the kettlebell, though, which is now lovely and purple and blue.)

Today is clean and jerk day! My shoulders have been off, so I'm a bit worried, but I'm hoping for the best.

Eyeshadow palette I'm wearing today? Eyeshadow palette I'm wearing today:

Le Metier de Beaute Eye Kaleidoscope in Penelope

Now to pick a lipstick for the gym and off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment